Do you know someone who is a victim of nursing home abuse in Lauderdale Lakes? Does your loved one have any suspicious markings on their body that you think were caused by abuse? If you or your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse in Lauderdale Lakes or anywhere else in Florida, the top piece of advice we can offer you is to contact an experienced nursing home abuse attorney with a track record of nursing home cases. Dan Cytryn, the founding attorney of our personal injury firm has over 40 years of experience handling nursing home abuse cases. Call our personal injury firm now to see if we might be able to help you.
Some of the Things We Have to Offer:
- We offer FREE consultations
- We have flexible scheduling for appointments
- We do not charge anything upfront
As sad as it may sound, the elderly are very afraid of reporting abuse, therefore, if you suspect that your loved is being abused, the chances of them telling you are slim. Many nursing home residents believe that there are no better alternatives and that they have to put up with the abuse. The Nursing Home Abuse Guide provides a list of common reasons why nursing home residents choose not to speak about being abused:
- They believe having an abusive caregiver is better than not having one at all
- Fear of assisted living facilities
- Embarrassment of being abused
- They are fearful of change
Since relying on their word isn’t always the best option, it’s best to be familiar with the signs of abuse. Unfortunately not all of the signs are obvious; however, there are some common indicators of physical abuse. The Disabled Persons Protection Commission provides a list signs that will help with recognizing signs of physical abuse:
- Puncture wounds
- Bruises in different stages of healing
- Human bite marks
- Bilateral bruises
- Small burns in the shape of cigarette marks
- Burns marks on fingers and toes
- Scalding burns causing blistering
- Unexplained internal injuries
- Abrasion marks
- Swelling in the mouth possibly from forced feeding
- Burns showing clear line from emersion into hot liquid
Our law firm has been helping injury victims for over 40 years and we would like to do the same for you. Don’t wait another day.
Always Available for YouIf you don’t have a way of getting to our office, we will come to your home or hospital.
Board Certified LawyerWe have the only active board certified civil trial lawyer in Northwest Broward County.
More Than 40 Years of ExperienceWe have a proven track record of success in accident cases over 4 decades.
Our Results Don't Lie
We’ve had more than 30 cases that have settled or resulted in jury verdicts of one million dollars or more.
No Fee If No RecoveryWe work on a contingency fee, so we only get paid if you get paid.