Deerfield Beach Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Deerfield Beach Bed Sores Lawyer
Is your loved one a victim of nursing home abuse in Deerfield Beach? Does
someone you know have unexplained puncture wounds, bruising, or bed sores
after living in a nursing home? Do you suspect your loved one’s
death was the result of nursing home abuse? If you or your loved one is
a victim of nursing home abuse in Deerfield Beach, Broward County, or
anywhere else in Florida, the best tip we can give you is to contact a
nursing home abuse lawyer right away to discuss your case details.
Some of the Ways We Assist You:
- We offer FREE consultations
- We will do our best to make all appointments with our office at a time
that works best for you
- There are no upfront fees or costs to hire us
If you have a family member living in a nursing home, it may be difficult
to determine whether they are being abused. A lot of the times, the elderly
are afraid to speak up because they are scared that they will be abused
further. Other times, they don’t feel like getting the help is necessary.
Sadly some of the elderly think that they have to put up with the abuse
because they assume that if they speak up, they won’t receive any
It’s important to be familiar with the types of neglect that occur
in nursing homes. The following is a list of warning signs of abuse provided
by the Nursing Home Abuse Guide:
- Sudden weight loss
- Bed sores
- Injuries from falls such as fractures
- Malnutrition including dehydration
- Withdrawn elderly behavior
- Poor hygiene
- Environmental hazards
In order to protect nursing home residents the Nursing Home Reform Act
was established. Among the standards provided by the act is the Residents’
Bill of Rights to residents of Nursing Homes.
The Nursing Home Abuse Guide lists the Residents’ Bill of Rights as follows:
- The right to privacy
- Accommodation of all needs
- Communicate freely
- To be treated with dignity
- To be free of mistreatment, abuse, or neglect
- To exercise self-determination
- Voice grievances without facing reprisal
- To be free from physical restraints
- Participate in family and resident groups
- Participate in their own care such as notice of changes in treatment
Nursing home negligence cases are time-sensitive so it is very important
to seek representation from a nursing home abuse attorney immediately.
All of the nursing home cases we handle are on a contingency fee basis.
In other words, our client does not pay fees or costs if our attorneys
do not secure a recovery on his/her behalf. So why wait?
If you or someone you know is a victim of nursing home abuse in Deerfield
Beach, call our office now at
(954) 833-1440 for your free consultation.