If you have been involved in a slip, trip and/or fall accident you will have to deal with an insurance company as well as the insurance agents of the parties involved. You may be in excruciating pain and should have knowledge of crucial factors that can affect your injury claim. Here is a list of Dos and Don’ts in case of a slip, trip, or fall accident.
Being a victim in a slip, trip, or fall accident can be traumatic and painful. Here is a checklist of things that you should do or have done in case of an accident.
What to do when you have been injured in a slip, trip, or fall accident
- Do call for medical help immediately if you have been injured
- Do try to obtain an incident report from the facility or location where the incident occurred.
- Do exchange information with the parties that are involved
- Do take photos of the accident area
- Do get names and contact information of witnesses
- Do call the law offices Cytryn and Velazquez to further assist you with your injury claim
What you don’t want to do when involved in a slip, trip, or fall accident
- Don’t panic, try to remain calm, and make sure to call for help immediately.
- Don’t try to move if you are seriously injured, unless you are in harm's way.
- Don’t wait to seek medical attention for your injuries
- Don’t speak to anyone except for medical providers, without seeking legal advice, as this can compromise your case.
- Don’t to the insurance company when they call. Make sure to contact a lawyer immediately.
- Don’t sign any papers given to you by an insurance company or agent to settle your case without talking to an attorney at Law Offices Cytryn and Velazquez first.