Your Bill of Rights From Our Law Firm
When we represent you, we have an obligation to you to ensure that you have certain rights, and that your rights are complied with. These rights include the following:
- You have the right to ask about any of our lawyers’ experience, training and education.
- You have the right to learn specifically about our experience handling the particular type of case that you are inquiring about.
- If you would like, we can put any information about our experience and education in writing to you.
- You have the right to know whether we will be handling your case ourselves or with the assistance of other attorneys. In most cases, there is no need for us to call in or co–counsel with other attorneys because our law firm is extremely capable of handling all injury and accident cases. Unlike other law firms that intake cases and then refer them out to lawyers who actually go to trial, we are those lawyers who will actually go to trial on cases if they are large enough and meritorious enough for us to handle.
- You have the right and will receive a closing statement at the end of the case when there is a settlement or a recovery setting forth all disbursements and reflecting exactly how any money has been spent obtaining the result for you.
- We aim to keep you informed as to the progress of your case on a periodic basis. However, if you need information more often, you have the right to call and inquire as to the status of your case and what is happening.
- You as the client have the absolute right to decide whether to settle your case or not. We of course will advise you on what we think. There are times when we feel that an offer is insufficient, and you should go to court, and there are other times when we think that an offer is sufficient, and you should not go to court. We will of course let you know our opinions.
If we accept a case, we almost never require you to pay any costs up front. Whatever the costs are, we pay them up front ourselves, and then we simply are reimbursed at the end of the case if there is a recovery.
All of our cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, and if we do not obtain a recovery for you, you will not owe us any attorney’s fee.Code of Professional Responsibility
Florida lawyers are required to follow a code of professional responsibility. This code is basically the ethical code for all Florida attorneys. Florida lawyers are governed by the Florida Bar, which enforces the code of professional ethics as published by the Florida Supreme Court.
Although we will do everything within reason for the people whom we represent, we will only do so zealously within the bounds of the law. We will aggressively represent you, but we will not do anything unethical. If attorneys whom we are litigating against commit unethical conduct, we make certain to “take them to task,” and to bring that to the attention of the judge in the case, and to do whatever we can to make sure that they are punished for their unethical behavior.
Mr. Cytryn is proud to consider himself an extremely ethical attorney. He received a “book award” in 1980 in his ethics class in law school, which is given to the person or persons receiving the highest grade in the class.
This law firm takes ethics very seriously.