Margate-Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Aging affects people differently. If you or your family member needs medical assistance, often, the best option is a nursing home. The negative aspect of nursing homes is the risk of elder abuse. Many victims of elder abuse do not realize that they may be entitled to file a claim for their injuries. If you or your loved one is a victim of elder abuse, the Law Offices of Cytryn & Velazquez, P.A. may be able to help you file a claim.
In one of the nursing home cases we handled, our client had developed bed sores in two parts of her body. The staff charting and our investigation of the defendant nursing home demonstrated that our client had not been bathed or washed for close to two weeks. The charts also showed that our client had not eaten dinner for almost an entire week. The jury found the nursing home responsible for our client’s injuries and awarded more than $900,000 for the case.
If you are a concerned for your family member living in a nursing home, you need to be aware of the warning signs of elder abuse. The following points indicate the possible signs of abuse provided by the Department of Health and Human Services:
- Bruises, pressure marks, broken bones, abrasions, and burns.
- Withdrawal from normal activities, a sudden change in alertness, and unusual depression.
- Bruises around the breasts or genital area can occur from sexual abuse.
- Sudden changes in financial situations may be the result of exploitation.
- Bedsores, unattended medical needs, poor hygiene, and unusual weight loss.
- Behavior such as belittling, threats and other uses of power and control by spouses.
- Frequent arguments between the caregiver and elderly person are also signs.
- Hiring a Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer in Margate
Each personal injury case is unique, and requires the attention of a firm that is knowledgeable and communicates with clients regularly. At the Law Offices of Cytryn & Velazquez, we understand that filing a claim can sometimes be confusing or stressful, that is why we initially set up a meeting for you to meet with an attorney that will explain the process thoroughly. We also assign case managers to work closely with you throughout the legal process.
Are you concerned about the fees or costs of hiring an attorney? Our personal injury firm provides a free consultation where you will discuss the details of your case. If we determine we can help you, we work on a contingency basis, meaning you do not pay anything unless we are successful at attaining recovery for your case.If you or your loved one are a victim of elder abuse in Margate, call the Law Offices of Cytryn & Velazquez, P.A. now toll free at 1-877-853-7466 for your free consultation. Also, be sure to visit our verdicts and settlements page to see a few examples of our results for some of our previous clients.