Margate Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Are you a victim of nursing home abuse in Margate? Do you suspect that your loved one is being abused in a nursing home in Margate or anywhere in Florida? Did you lose a loved one to bed sores caused by inadequate care in a nursing home in Margate? If you or someone you know has bed sores, bruising, or any other sign of abuse that has developed after residing in a nursing home in Margate or anywhere in Broward or Florida, it’s best to contact our personal injury firm to see if we can assist you.SOME OF THE THINGS WE OFFER:
- We offer FREE consultations
- We do our best to accommodate your schedule so that you don’t have to miss work or school
- We have more than 36 years of experience working on these types of cases
- We work on a contingency fee basis so we don’t get paid unless you get paid
A common misconception is that bed sores are normal when a person is confined to a bed, but that is not true. In fact, the majority of the times bed sores (also known as decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers) are preventable. Bed sores happen when an immobile patient is left sitting or lying in the same position for a prolonged period of time. They can also happen as a result of inadequate hygiene from leaving a person sitting in soiled clothes or linen.
It’s important to keep a look out for reddened areas on your loved one’s body as this may be an early indicator of pressure ulcer formation. In its initial stage, a bed sore appears as a reddened area in the skin that when pressed, remains red rather than turning white. However, as a bed sore worsens, it can progress to a stage 2 ulcer which appears as a reddened open sore. When stage 2 ulcers are not cleaned and treated properly they will progress to a stage 3 or 4 ulcers. In stage 3, the bed sore will appear like a crater. Once it reaches stage 4, bone, muscle, and tendon will be exposed.
If you or your loved one is at risk for developing pressure ulcers, the following steps can be taken to prevent them from forming:
- Eat a high calorie, high protein diet
- Maintain adequate hygiene
- Avoid the use of talc powder
- Do not wear tight clothes
- Ensure caregivers remove soiled linens and clothes promptly
- If bed-bound, ensure caregivers are re-positioning you frequently
- If bed-bound, ensure bony prominences are protected with a pillow
- If you require assistance to move, never drag your body because this could cause skin tears on already sensitive skin
If you or your loved one has experienced any type of neglect in a nursing home in Margate, call us now toll-free at 1-877-853-7466 for your FREE consultation! Even if you are unsure as to whether you have a case, call us to see what we could do for you. If you call during our business hours you will be connected immediately to one our intake specialists and discuss the details of your case. We do our best to let you know if we can assist you on the same day of your consultation. Why wait? Call NOW!